Utah Volleyball NCAA Tournament Success
- With 10 appearances in the past 13 seasons, the University of Utah is no stranger to the NCAA Tournament.
- The Utes qualified for the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 1998 and advanced to the second round in each of their first three appearances.
- The team has participated in the NCAA Tournament 10 times (1998-2006, 2008) and advanced to the second round eight times.
- The 2001 and 2008 teams both went 2-1 in the tournament to reach the Sweet 16.
- The 2001 and 2008 teams reached the Sweet 16. In 2001, the Utes topped Texas Tech, 3-0, and Utah State, 3-1, in the first and second rounds at Crimson Court. In 2008, Utah swept both Furman and Clemson during the first and second rounds in Clemson, S.C.
- In 2003, Utah was down 0-2 to No. 13 Santa Clara in 2003 in the first round before rallying for a thrilling five-set victory.
- Utah played host to the first and second rounds for the second time in 2005 after winning the Mountain West Conference's automatic bid.
NCAA Tournament Results
Furman, W, 3-0, Clemson, S.C.
Clemson, W, 3-0, Clemson, S.C.
#5 Washington, L, 3-0, Seattle, Wash.
Michigan State, W, 3-2, Los Angeles
UCLA, L, 3-0, Los Angeles
Loyola Marymount, W, 3-0, Salt Lake City
Arizona, L, 3-1, Salt Lake City
Long Beach State, L, 3-0, Los Angeles
Santa Clara. W, 3-2, Seattle
Washington, L, 3-0, Seattle
Texas A&M, L, 3-0, Los Angeles
Texas Tech, W, 3-0, Salt Lake City
Utah State, W, 3-1, Salt Lake City
Stanford, L, 3-1, Palo Alto, Calif.
Texas Tech, W, 3-2, Honolulu
Hawaii, L, 3-0, Honolulu
#8 Colorado, W, 3-0, Honolulu
#1 Hawaii, L, 3-0, Honolulu
#9 Illinois State, W, 3-0, Lincoln, Neb.
#1 Nebraska, L, 3-1, Lincoln, Neb.