Kaisorn Chaichana and the University of Utah men's tennis team fell again to one of the nation's best teams, the California Golden Bears.
Feb. 27, 2003
BERKELEY, Calif. -- For the second match in a row, the University of Utah men's tennis team fell to a PAC-10 team, as the Utes went down 7-0 to the fifth-ranked California Golden Bears on Wednesday, Feb. 26. The loss sets the Utes record to 4-6 on the season.
In the singles play, the Utes had a disappointing performance against several of the nation's top ranked players. Roeland Brateanu met number 27 Conor Niland, but went down 6-2, 6-1. The closest match of the day in singles came in Kaisorn Chaichana's three-set dual with Patrick Briaud in number six singles, as Chaichana took the first set 6-0. Briaud came back, 6-1, 6-3 and took the match.
Now the Utes will return home to host two consecutive home matches against Denver and Idaho State, on March 7 and 12.
1. #27 Conor Niland def. Roeland Brateanu 6-2, 6-1
2. #61 Balazs Veress def. Daniel Lohff 6-0, 6-1
3. Or Dekel def. Tyler POulson 6-4, 6-3
4. #49 Robert Kowalczyk def. Tomasz Grzyb 6-0, 6-2
5. Steve Burke def. Nick Coutts 6-2, 6-0
6. Patrick Briaud def. Kaisorn Chaichana 0-6, 6-1, 6-3
1. Berke/Kowalczyk def. Brateanu/Coutts 8-4
2.Briaud/Veress def. Poulson/Grzyb 8-6
3. Dekel/Niland def. Chaichana/Lohff 8-2