Nov. 25, 2006
- Utah increased its lead in the all-time series with Rice 6-1. The Utes' only loss to the Owls was last season on Dec. 3 in Houston, Texas. Rice falls to 0-4 against the Utes in Salt Lake City.
- Utah snapped a three-game losing streak to start the season. The Utes have started out 0-3 six times in school history and won their next game five of those years. Utah's last 0-3 start was in 1970-71 under Jack Gardner.
- Utah has trailed at the half in all four games this season.
- The Utes scored a season-high 80 points.
- Junior guard Johnnie Bryant has scored in double figures in all four games this season and 24 times in his career.
- Bryant had his second consecutive 20-point game and the sixth of his career.
- Bryant set career highs with 28 points and seven assists. Bryant's previous best marks were 23 points, set against BYU on Jan. 7, 2006, and five assists, record three times last season.
- Sophomore center Luke Nevill had his second consecutive double-double of the season and the sixth of his career. Nevill has reached double figures in points in all four games in 2006-07 and 22 times in his career.
- Sophomore forward Shaun Green had career highs with 17 points and nine rebounds. His previous top marks were 16 points against Southern Utah on Dec. 10, 2005 and eight rebounds against Rice on Dec. 3, 2005.
- Green had his fourth consecutive double-figure scoring game to start the season. He has 13 double-figure scoring games in his career.
- Rice guard Morris Almond scored a career-high 42 points. It is the most points by a Utah opposing player this season.