Nov. 22, 2005
- Utah and Rhode Island met for the third time on Tuesday night with the Utes taking a 2-1 lead in the all-time series. This is the second time the two teams have met it Salt Lake City. Utah defeated the Rams 84-72 in the Huntsman Center on March 27, 1992 in the NIT quarterfinals.
- After Rhode Island took a 42-41 lead with 9:46 to play in the second half, Utah went on a 25-8 run.
- Ute senior Bryant Markson had his second double-figure scoring game of the season and the 28th of his career with 17 points.
- Ute freshman Shaun Green made his first start and had season-highs of 11 points, four rebounds and five assists against Rhode Island. He scored five points in his first game against Texas State last Friday.
- Ute junior Jonas Langvad scored 10 points against Rhode Island after going scoreless in the season opener against Texas State. It was his fourth double-figure scoring game.
- Utah freshman Luke Nevill had a season-high nine points.
- Rhode Island's Tyrese Sullivan sprained his left ankle after playing eight minutes in the first half.
- The Utes trailed at the half (24-23) for the first time this season. Utah is 5-5 in two seasons under Ray Giacoletti when trailing at the half.
- Utah outrebounded Rhode Island 33-27. The Utes are 1-0 when outrebounding their opponent this season and 29-3 in two seasons under Ray Giacoletti.
- Utah improved to 228-19 in the Huntsman Center over the past 17 seasons. The Utes were 16-0 at home in 2004-05 and are 2-0 this season. Utah has won 19 in row at home for the fifth-longest winning streak in NCAA Division I.