March 4, 2006
- With the win tonight, Utah has clinched the No. 6 seed in the Mountain West Conference Tournament and will face No. 3 BYU in the quarterfinals on Thursday at 10:00 p.m. (MST) on ESPN. Wyoming will be the No. 7 seed and play No. 2 Air Force on Thursday at 7:00 p.m. (MST) on ESPN+Plus.
- Utah leads the all-time series over Wyoming 89-70 and has won four in a row. The Runnin' Utes took the first meeting this season 71-63 on Feb. 1 in Laramie, Wyo.
- In Salt Lake City, the Utes are 56-22 against the Cowboys, winning 11 of the last 12. Wyoming's last win in the Huntsman Center was 54-46 on Feb. 4, 2002, ending a string of seven straight road losses to the Utes. Utah has taken its last four home games over Wyoming.
- The U. finishes its 2005-06 home schedule with a 10-5 record. In conference home games over the last 12 years, Utah is 82-8 (.911).
- The Utes improved to 7-4 when shooting 50 percent from this field this season and 9-6 when hitting at least 40 percent of their three-pointers.
- Utah shot a season-best 60.0 percent from three-point range. The previous best mark was 50.0 percent, recorded against BYU on both Jan. 7 and Feb. 8.
- Senior center Chris Jackson had his sixth double-figure scoring game of the season and his first in MWC games.
- Senior forward Bryant Markson has his 19 double-figure scoring game of the season and his second in a row.
- Sophomore guard Chris Grant has a career-high seven assists. His previous best mark was five recorded twice.
- Sophomore guard Johnnie Bryant had his 19th double-figure scoring game of the season.
- Freshman forward Shaun Green had his ninth double-figure scoring game this year.