- April 1, 2013: 3:00PM - 7:00PM in Huntsman Center
- Registration 3:00 - 3:30
- April 2, 2013: 3:00PM - 7:00PM in Huntsman Center
- April 3, 2012: 3:00PM - 7:00PM in Huntsman Center
- Final Cuts
- Team posted on our web page FRIDAY APRIL 5TH FROM 12:00pm - 1:00pm.
- Tryout fee is $35.00 per person. Checks must be made out to: University of Utah Cheer and paid upon checking in
- Please bring:
- Tryout Packet
- Recent picture of yourself
- Medical Release Form
- Copy of insurance card (front and back)
- Liability Release Form
- Copy of acceptance letter
- Check or cash of $35.00
- Tryouts will be closed all three days. There will be no spectators allowed in to watch.
- Female Applicants
- Standing Back Tuck
- Round Off Back Handspring Tuck
- Toss Heel Stretch Full Down
- Optional Stunt
- Male Applicants
- Toss Cupie
- Standing Back Tuck is encouraged
- Any running tumbling
- Fight song words
- Optional Stunt
- Applicants who are unable to make the tryouts are able to send a video. IT IS MUCH MORE BENEFICIAL TO BE AT THE ACTUAL TRYOUT, USE THE VIDEO TRYOUT AS THE LAST RESORT.
- Please send your video with the tryout packet as well as a $25.00 application fee.
- Requirements: Please do these on wood floor or a mat (not a spring floor)
- Standing back tuck. Show three in a row without editing your video (wood floor is preferred)
- Running tumbling
- Toss heel stretch full down FEMALE
- Toss cupie MALE
- Optional stunt
- A dance that is 30 seconds long – one that you have learned or choreographed FEMALE
- A cheer that incorporates the University of Utah name and/or colors (Utah Utes, Red and White)
- A toe-touch is required and any other jumps you choose
- All videos must be mailed to the address found at the bottom of this page. We must receive the video no later than Friday, March 29, 2013.
- Incoming freshman are encouraged to tryout. Proof of acceptance to the University of Utah is required at tryouts by April 2013.
- It is very important that you work out on a regular basis and are practicing the basics of cheer and dance throughout the season.
- We expect our cheerleaders/yell leaders to have a positive attitude and personality.
- It is suggested that applicants trying out find a local gymnastics or cheerleading gym to further their tumbling and stunting skills.
- If an applicant is selected for the team, team members must keep up on their skills.
- Please be aware before trying out that all team members may hae to cheer games over Thanksgiving, Christmas break, and Spring break.
- Academic expectations: Must maintain a 2.5 GPA
Spirit Squad Coordinator
- Please click on the link below to find the tryout packet.
- Please bring to tryouts or send applications to:
Jamie Duncan Plott
Phone: (801) 652-2906