Community service provides:
- Understanding of society and communities
- Strengthened partnership between the University of Utah and the surrounding community for Ute athletics
- Resume building experience and expanded job-related skills
- Development of a pattern of volunteerism, caring and concern for others
- Use of athletic visibility as a role model and natural spokesperson
- Increased sense of knowledge, belonging, responsibility, self-esteem
Check out the opportunities available in the Burbidge Athletics Academic Life Skills Center.
UTES Speakers Bureau
Each year the Athletics Department receives numerous requests from school and local community organizations for student-athletes to speak to their students. The main goal is to foster the importance of education by making good choices through positive role models of students-athletes. As a student-athlete, you will be supporting and encouraging students to lead a healthy lifestyle and to encourage educational pursuits and goals. Training is done through the freshman Life Skills class. Presentation topics consist of handling peer pressure, saying no to drugs and gangs, making good choices and staying in school. Check the Life Skills Center for ongoing requests.