Current Student-Athlete Role in Recruiting
Student-athletes may be asked to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Rules that apply to a student-athlete's participation in recruitment include:
- Continuation of pre-existing relationships, provided no recruiting occurs.
- Receipt of telephone calls from seniors in high school, provided any missed calls are not returned.
- Serving as a student host for a recruit on an official visit. The student-athlete may receive up to $30 per day to cover all expenses associated with entertaining the recruit and the recruits parents, legal guardians, and/or spouse. All entertainment must occur within a 30-mile radius of the University of Utah.
- Calling, writing, or e-mailing a prospective student-athlete for recruiting purposes (or at the direction of a coach).
- Making a recruiting "pitch" for the University of Utah unless a recruit is on-campus.
- Commenting publicly about any prospective student-athlete that the University of Utah is recruiting.
Any further questions can be directed toward your coach or to the Compliance Office.